100 Points of ID
- Passport - 70 Points
- Drivers License - 50 Points
- Copy of Birth Certificate - 40 Points
- Photo ID - 30 Points
- Last 4 Rent Receipts or Ledger - 30 Points
- Current Credit Check - 20 Points
- Min 2 references from previous landlord/agent - 20 Points
- Copy of Phone, Gas or Power Accounts - 10 Points
- Current Car/Motorbike Registration Papers - 10 Points
- Bank Card, Medicare Card, Pension Card, Membership Card - 10 Points
- Police Check - 70 Points
Credit Check and Additional Information
It is our policy that all our prospective tenants obtain a personal and current credit check.
A credit check is a printout from a collection agency which shows a persons credit history. It is usual for everyone to have a credit history. Contrary to popular belief, the existence of a credit file is a good thing although of course, any overdue debts you have may show on the printout. If you are Tasmanian and have spent more than six months on the mainland, in the last seven years, you will need to also get a Mainland (Veda) credit check.
Options to obtaining your credit check
- For both Tasmanian and Mainland credit checks, you can write to the appropriate address listed below and a copy will be provided free of charge and will take approximately 10 days.
- For both Tasmanian and Mainland credit checks, phone and pay by credit card and the credit check will be faxed through to you or it can be faxed directly to Harcourts Huon Valley usually within 24 hours.
- For Tasmanian credit checks only, Harcourts Huon Valley can give you an application form that can be faxed directly to Tasmanian Collection Service.
- For Tasmanian credit checks only, you can attend the offices of Tasmanian Collection Services www.tascol.com.au
- For Mainland credit checks only, you may be able to access the website at www.equifax.com.au and access your credit check from there.
The purpose of the credit check is to assist us in evaluating your ability and intention of meeting your rental payments. An unfavourable credit check will not necessarily mean that you cannot rent a property from us. However, the better your credit check, the better your application presents to the owner.