Our Property Managers are supported by a team of Property Management Operations Managers whose sole role is to support, train, problem solve and keep Harcourts up to date with the latest innovations in the world of Property Management.
We relieve any potential stress from owning investment property, we remain current with legislation and market drivers that effect your real estate investment.
We are at the forefront of Property Management technology. Our Property Managers enjoy a mix of mobile and web based products to streamline the many processes required for seamless management and administration.
Our business philosophy is based on “creating success”. Four specific values that are communicated throughout the organisation – people first, doing the right thing, being courageous and fun and laughter.
Industry leading systems and procedures along with our philosophy of continuing innovation ensures your property are in the best hands.
Our offices are supported by a team of Property Management Operations Managers whose sole role is to support, train, problem solve and keep up to date with the latest innovations in the world of Property Management.
What To Expect From Harcourts Property Management
- We will effectively communicate with you.
- Your Harcourts Property Manager will discuss your needs and develop a policy for the prompt response and resolution of matters for you and your investment. We sometimes spend a large amount of time away from the office appraising property, inspecting and managing property, however, be assured we will respond.
- We will undertake comprehensive listing notes about your property.
- We will have the property photographed and an advert composed. We will have the property listed on all the real estate web sites that we subscribe to within 48 hours of listing your property or rent.
- We will place your property in the newspapers as agreed between us.
- We will schedule viewings of your property as required to all prospective tenants until your home is rented. (Subject to access provided to us by any current occupant)
- We will erect a “For Rent” sign on your property within 48 hours of listing (upon request and if signs are permitted).
- We will subject all applications to:
- A check on the appropriate tenancy databases
- verification of applicant’s former renting references.
- verification of the applicant’s employment and income.
- We will ( unless instructed otherwise ) refer all potentially suitable applications to you for approval.
- We will let your property for the asking amount of rent, (as outlined in your management agreement with us) or higher. We will not let your property at a lower amount, without first obtaining your permission.
- We will complete and execute the tenancy agreement and give the tenant’s possession of your property once the rental applicant process has been approved.
- We will complete and execute the tenancy agreement and explain in detail their responsibilities and obligations.
- We will secure all appropriate ingoing costs from the tenant.
- We will lodge the bond in accordance with the legislation.
- We will forward a copy of the tenancy agreement to you.
- We will have regular contact with you and feedback for you through the process.
- We have a zero tolerance rent arrears policy which we outline clearly to all tenants when they are signing their lease.
- We will process rent payments daily.
- We will follow up all late rent payments in accordance with our management agreement and relevant State Residential Tenancy Act.
- We will contact you to make recommendation and seek your instructions, should termination of the tenancy be an option.
- We will keep you informed throughout the legal process, should termination be necessary.
- We will provide you with an annual financial summary (if requested).
- We will undertake a comprehensive Property Condition Report and possibly photograph, prior to the property being occupied.
- We will conduct routine inspections regularly and provide you with a written report. At these routine inspections we will report to you any repairs or preventative maintenance that may be necessary
- We will conduct a comprehensive property inspection when the tenants vacate ensuring it matches with original Property Condition Report (except fair wear and tear).
- We will deposit the nett proceeds of your rental income into your nominated bank account as per your management agreement.
- We will provide you with all copies of invoices for any repairs required at your property if requested.
- We will pay all property outgoings as agreed on your behalf prior to the due date (subject to the availability of funds).
Maintenance and Repairs
- We expect that property owners will undertake recommended repairs to their rental property in order to preserve the value of the property, meet legislative obligations and maintain a positive relationship with the tenants. At Harcourts, we require tenants to submit all maintenance requests in writing.
- We will not undertake repairs to your property in excess of your nominated amount, without first obtaining your approval. NOTE: This excludes emergencies and repairs that are required to be rectified by law.
- We will contract a tradesperson within a timely manner for non urgent repair requests.
- We will attend to any urgent repair requests immediately.
- We will only use trades people who are properly licensed and insured to handle the type of work being performed on your property.
- We will review the tenancy agreement for your property in advance of its expiry, advising of current rental market conditions
- We will not renew a lease without your express written permission unless stated in the management agreement.
- We will advise you of any advice by the tenants that are not renewing their lease.
- We will minimize vacancies by promptly acting on vacate advice.
- We will proactively manage the tenancy agreement renewal process to ensure consistent income.
- We will regularly review rent in accordance with the current legislation to ensure you receive the highest rent possible.